Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Our Singlish

April 5th, 2007 Jimmy Tiong wrote ...
It was reported that 80% of Singaporean studying Law in the United Kingdom. Here is the finding:

UK Immigration Officer: "Purpose of Visit"
One Singaporean: "I'm here to study law, Sir,"

Officer: "You know, you must have a lot of lawyers in Singapore."
Singaporean: "Oh?!!, Why do you say that?"

Officer: "Well, I've been here for a good twenty years, and I'd say 80% of Singaporeans I see here say they're here to read law,"
Singaporean: "Oh, really?!! That's really something I never knew. Hard to believe in fact."

Officer: "Just you watch, then. You just stand here until the next Singaporean comes along, and I'll bet he's here to read law,"
Singaporean waits for 5 minutes ... Ah Beng from Singapore comes to immigration counter.

Officer: "So ... Mr. Beng, what's the purpose of your visit?"
Ah Beng; "Study lor ...?!!"

No comments: